Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Join our class facebook group!


Hi everyone,

I don't know about all of you but so far it's been a very busy week. However, I have been working on the problem of how we can communicate with each other (post notes, obtain phone numbers, and chat with each other) through this blog.

The answer is that we really can't. However, I have learned about a solution. If you look to the right side of the blog (under the How to Become a Christian entry), you will see a link to a class facebook group that I have created for us. You will need to join facebook (It is not hard) in order to use this tool. Go to http://www.facebook.com and create your profile. Then you can search for our group (Mark Brewer Sunday school class (FBC Thomasville)) and request membership. I have to give you permission to join once you request membership. Obviously since I don't sit at the computer 24/7, it will take time for permission to be granted. However, once you have joined, you will be able to post notes, pictures, videos, or look up info about class members simply by clicking the link at the right and using your password (I think).

Only the people that have permission to access the site can see the information that is contained on it so it is a safe medium for posting your personal contact information (unless you would rather our class not have it which is fine), prayer requests, pictures, etc.

Therefore, I will continue to post general class information on the Blog but the facebook site will allow all of us to "chat" and offer words of encouragement to each other during the week. Pretty cool from my viewpoint.

Please continue to pray for the Barwicks. Ken and Leigh, we love both of you!

No comments: